Friday, June 12, 2009

The Weekly Salad


Top Hat
Originally uploaded by George Eastman House
Every week I make an effort to introduce an interesting salad into my life. Some of them are fantastic (Orzo Salad? Holla!!) while others taste like drywall (You know who you are, Bok Choy Salad with Cashews....).

Last night, I managed to pull out an amazing one from my ....hat (no one wants to eat a salad pulled from that other place). Here it is:

You will need shrimp, 3 mangos, arugula, cilantro, 1 purple onion and the juice of a lemon.

Toss shrimp with olive oil and salt and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for ten minutes.

While these are roasting, cut up mango, chop cilantro and purple onion. Mix them in a bowl with the lemon juice.

Pour all of this on top of a bed of arugula (you may want to put some dressing on the arugula....may I suggest a peanut-type one?).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment