Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Love Books


I Love Books
Originally uploaded by Weeping-Willow

As most of you know, I love books. Everything to do with books. And I read a great one this week that I urge you to seek out.

It is called Marcelo in the Real World and was written for the Young Adult market by Francisco X. Stork. Although, it is aimed at a teen audience, it's appeal is more "discerning adults", I'd say. The author sets out to tell a simple story about a young man in the high-funtioning end of the autism spectrum and ends up teaching his audience - young and old alike -about acceptance, learning and, well, not judging a book by its cover which, ironically, is what drew me to the book in the first place! (When you pick up a copy and see the amazing cover art, you will see what I mean: it is spectacular!)

Not only that, it is one of the most moving books I've ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment