Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sneaker Pimps


I like sneakers
Originally uploaded by ccjjmm

Ever since I turn 40 and turned in my Cool Person card, I have been trying to figure out what the kids are into these days. My go-to-person for this is a young guy who teaches guitar to my son (I won't reveal his name as doing so will automatically put his Cool status in jeopardy). Just trust me, he's pretty cool.

You want to know how I know he's cool? It's very simple: he has more than two pairs of sneakers.

It does not take a genius to figure out that this is the juice that keeps the coolness flowing. Every time that I drop my son off for his lesson, my eyes are immediately drawn to the shoes. And every time I'm amazed at how fly (Now do you see how uncool I am? No one says fly anymore...) each pair is : one day high tops, the next day lowriders, all in various fashion colours, all with interesting decals, makes and models! The mind boggles. And every time I leave wishing - nay, praying! - that I was equally as cool as a teenager.

Now if I can only get him to pull up his pants so that I don't have see his underwear every time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment