Monday, January 4, 2010
Things I Have Actually Said as a Parent....Really.
Never, however, did I think I would say things to my kids that would make my younger ideological self say, "Huh?!" Here is a sampling:
1. You can vacuum her hair but not her lips.
2. Don't put pancakes on your face. Please.
3. Yes. You have to wear pants to school, son.
4. Yes, if you are good ALL of the time you can use bad words.
5. Give the gun to Aunt Barbara please, dear.
6. Is that the haircut you wanted to give yourself?
7. No, we can't operate on the cat ourselves, okay?
Let this be a lesson to all of y'all who are desperately trying to preserve your ideologies. Pointless, really.