Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Weekly Salad


Cabbage
Originally uploaded by tina_manthorpe
Every week I accept delivery for organic vegetables and fruit. They arrive at my door and like Xmas morning, I never know what I'm going to get until I get it. Sometimes this can be good (Yay! Blueberries!), sometimes...not so much (Boo! Swiss Chard!)

One thing I almost always get is cabbage. And though many are not fans of this flatulence inducing veggie, I am definitely on Team Cabbage.

Here is a great salad that even kids will eat that make the much-maligned cabbage a crowd pleaser. (Also, a big shout-out to Janet M. who chastised me for going almost a month sans Weekly Salad postings. This one's for you, sista.)

1 head of cabbage, chopped julienne-style
1 cup roasted slivered almonds
1 cup dried chow mein noodles

Mix this together and just before dinner add the following dressing:

3 glugs vegetable oil
1 glug rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablesppons sweet chili sauce

EAT! Best serve with salmon or chicken wings. Don't know why....

No comments:

Post a Comment