Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Reading




This week plans to be another rainy one so I am catching up on my summer book pile. It is rather large but the weather has helped me to whittle it down. Here is a list of a few books I've read thus far this summer:

Perfection by Julie Metz - Good memoir. A must-read for anyone who is interested in the vagarities of marriage.

City of Thieves by David Benioff- Nice poolside book....if you're into WWII fables.....which I am!

Danny the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl - Have read this 5 times now so decided to read it to the kids. Sad and beautiful. Opened up a world of questions for them. They lurved it. Maybe they`ll read it four more times to catch up!

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick - Awful. Over-written. Finished it, though.

Next up: The Book of Negroes. Get reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment