For most, Christmas is a glorious time of year filled with festive cheer, present purchasing and wine-infused family get-togethers. I don't despise the holidays but it is a very busy time. Between the parties and the cards and Nutcracker-ing, it leaves me wishing that I were settling down for a long winter's nap. Oh, and by the way, when did December happen, anyway? It makes me want to play a round of my favorite aspirational game, "I Wish I Was...."
Here is what I came up with in just 2o minutes of play.
I wish I was.....
- swimming in a warm body of water
- smelling a newborn baby's head
- having a nap
- playing Scrabble
- hiking on the AT
- listening to a Nick Drake album
- having a cafe allongee in a cafe in Paris
- reading the new David Foster Wallace novel
- playing footsie with my husband at a work-related function
- singing in the car with my kids
- laughing on a street corner with Cheryl and Jen until I wet my pants
- waking up from a nap and then having another
So? Your turn.