Friday, March 5, 2010

Loco Corazon

Hey Intraweb-

It's Oscar weekend! Super Bowl for Ladies and Gay Men. The couture Olympics. Straight Man Hell. I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and....well, you know where I'm going with this.

Today, my son is sick with sore throat and cold (Thanks, Universe). I was going to nurse him back to health by making him soup and forcing him to stay in bed but instead, we're going to the 11:35 AM screening of Avatar. (I'll be picking up my parenting Oscar after the screening, BTW.)

In further, Oscar news, I will also attend a nighttime screening of Crazy Heart. Sigh. Do you think there will be hard drinking and car crashes in this film? It is a movie about a country singer who bears an almost uncomfortable resemblance to Kris Kristopherson. Just saying....

Oscar night's are either filled with surprises or deathly boring. Ever the optimist, I hold out hope that this year's telecast won't make me lose my will to live. I hope the hosts don't disappoint (Go Jack Donaghy, Go!), that the fashion don't make me hurl... too much (More Bjork! More Bjork!) and that James Cameron will paste a fake smile on his smug-ass face and squirm uncomfortably while his ex-wife pounds him into dust in the Best Director catergory. Holla!

But, only time will tell. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this!! :) As for best parenting award...take heart. I couldn't tell you the number of times my kids stayed home from school...to be ready to play hockey at night!! lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete